Monday, June 29, 2009

Ground Zero

This is where it all began. The Fiber family house in Shippensburg PA was the birthplace of my (and several others) music recording career and the setting for countless other childhood events. The Fibers (Larry Roy, Helen, Larry Lee, Lonny, and Dan "The Man") were my friends, hosts, participants, and progenitors of a musical movement which is still alive today.

That first recording was of a song called "Pung" and was recorded in 1985 onto a Tascam Porta One Cassette MiniStudio. The drum machine part was programmed by Lonny, Scott (MC2P4) recorded three separate keyboard parts, I laid down an electric bass part, and it was all mixed by Larry Lee. Here is that "landmark" recording...

4 comments:

LonnyFiber said...

Wow! Our house, this is where we used to live, Our house.......

Thanks for posting this Matt! I like seeing the house as it is today, I often wish to buy it and move back. What memories! I am glad to hear "Pung" survived, and I still like it. If only we hadn't moved away, perhaps "Pung" would be on the set list of the 20th annual world tour :)

Thee SUB ONE Genius said...

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Ken had a copy of this song somewhere amongst the loads of cassettes that neither him or I have listened to since the '90's! I have a recording of us jamming with Steve Smith somewhere. I'll have to break that out and post it on my blog! Wouldn't that just make your day??? :-)

Ttam Troll said...

I'm cool with that. I'd love to get copies of any audio, video, or pictures that you or Ken have. Hopefully some gems survived the Roxbury Rd Sewage Incident.

Thee SUB ONE Genius said...

You mean the lumps of coal that found a home in the old Chandler homestead? Yep, that was talk of the neighborhood!